All degree programs require completion of the Core Curriculum. A complete description of the core and its requirements is available in the Core Curriculum section of the Daemen catalog. Courses which satisfy a portion or complete a core requirement will have such designation indicated after the course title.
MAJOR: 36 CREDITS
- HST105 Introduction to World History I: From Antiquity to 1500 (3) – CI
- HST106 Introduction to World History II: From 1500 (3) – CI
- HST220 American History to 1877 (3) – CI
- HST221 American History from 1877 to the Present (3) – CI
- HST331 History Research Methods and Historiography (3) — WI
- HP445 Senior Capstone Project (3)– ILIT; RP; WI
- Select one: 3 credits
- PSC101 Comparative Political Systems (3) — CI
- PSC113 American Politics — CR
- PSC121 International Relations (3) — CI
- Electives: 15 credits, of which: 6 credits must be at the 300 level or above, AND at least one course must be taken from each of 3 areas: European Concentration; US Concentration; World Concentration. Access the list of the acceptable History and Political Science electives from the History & Political Science department section of the Daemen catalog, or from the Program Plans option on the Registrar’s web page.
REQUIREMENTS OUTSIDE OF THE MAJOR: 21 CREDITS
- Career Field Experience:
- CFE97 Career Preparation Seminar (0); AND 3 credits in a Career Field Experience (CFE) relevant to the major
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: 18 credits
- Consult the guidelines on LAS course selection from the suggested course sequence for the BA, History, accessible from the History & Political Science department section of the Daemen catalog, or from the Program Plans option on the Registrar’s web page.
- Career Field Experience:
CORE: 45 CREDITS
- CMP101 English Composition (3) CS; ILIT; WI
- IND101 Sustainable & Critical Relationships (3)
- MTH104 Survey of Statistics (3) — CT; QL
- Liberal Arts and Sciences including Foreign Language: 24 Credits
- Foreign Language Requirement
- Students must demonstrate proficiency in a foreign language through the intermediate level. The requirement may be satisfied through the completion of college level coursework or the successful completion of a proficiency examination. A complete description of the requirement is available in the Foreign Languages Requirement section of the Daemen catalog.
- Core Electives: 12 credits
FREE ELECTIVES: 18 CREDITS
- Courses used to fulfill the free electives may have, but are not required to have, a competency. A maximum of 6 credits may be taken in History courses.
TOTAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS = 120 CREDITS
You can find information about all of our departmental majors, the requirements for Admission to Upper Division, and requirements for Graduation here or by visiting the History & Political Science Department section of the college catalog, or at the Program Plans option on the Registrar’s web page.