Requirements (18 credits)
HISTORY & POLITICAL SCIENCE (9 CREDITS)
- PSC223 Political & Civil Rights in the U.S. (3)
- HST137 African American History (3)
- HST230 Problems of the Third World (3)
- HST312 Sub-Saharan Africa (3)
SELECT AN ADDITIONAL 3 CREDITS FROM HISTORY & POLITICAL SCIENCE COURSES.
Courses will be selected in consultation with the Advisor for the Black Studies minor and may be one of the unused courses listed in the options referenced above.
ECONOMICS AND HUMANITIES (6 CREDITS)
SELECT 6 CREDITS FROM THE FOLLOWING (COURSES TO BE SELECTED IN CONSULTATION WITH THE ADVISOR FOR THE BLACK STUDIES MINOR)
- ECO209 Economics of Poverty (3)
- ECO213 Economics of Inequality (3)
- IND315 Perspectives on Blacks and Education (3)
- PHI211 African American Thought (3)
- PHI/REL328 Comparative Genocide (3)
- REL309 The Holocaust (3)
- SOC209 Social Problems (3)
- SOC224 Ethnicity, Race & Cultural Diversity (3)
SERVICE LEARNING (3 CREDITS)
This minor requires students to complete three credits in service learning relative to the Black experience. The placement must be approved by the advisor for the Black Studies minor, who will collaborate with staff in the service learning and/or global program offices in order to determine an appropriate placement. The appropriate experiential learning office must provide authorization (via a signed permit to register form) prior to registration.