All degree programs require completion of the Core Curriculum. A complete description of the core and its requirements is available in the Core Curriculum section of the Daemen catalogue. Courses which satisfy a portion or complete a core requirement will have such designation indicated after the course title.
MAJOR: 76 CREDITS
- BCH313/L General Biochemistry (3/1)
- BCH401 Biological Organic Chemistry (3)
- BCH/BIO440/L Molecular Biology (3/1)
- BIO109/L General Biology I (3/1) — CT
- BIO110L General Biology II (3/1) — CT
- CHE110/L Chemistry I (4/0
- CHE111/L Chemistry II (4/0)
- CHE301/L Organic Chemistry I (3/1)
- CHE302/L Organic Chemistry II (3/1)
- CHE303/L Introduction to Physical Chemistry (4/0)
- CHE311/L Contemporary Chemical Analysis (4/0)
- NSC231 Natural Science: Scientific Language and Literacy (3)
- NSC331 Natural Science Literature Survey (2) — ILIT; WI. NOTE: IN COMBINATION WITH NSC443=RP
- NSC443 Natural Science Research Seminar (2) — ILIT; WI. NOTE: IN COMBINATION WITH NSC331=RP
SELECT ONE SEQUENCE (8 CREDITS)
- PHY201/L-202/L Physics I-II (3/1-3/1)
- PHY151/L-152/L General Physics I-II (4/0-4/0)
18 credits to be selected from recommended Science courses. Courses must be at the 300 level or higher. Students will consult their Advisor for selection of courses most suitable to their professional career goals.
CORE: 45 CREDITS
- CMP101 English Composition (3) — CS; ILIT; WI
- IND101 Sustainable & Critical Relationships (3)
- MTH144 Calculus & Analytic Geometry I (3) — CT; QL
- Core Electives: 36 credits:
TOTAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS = 121 CREDITS
Requirements for Biology, Biochemistry, Natural Sciences Programs: Admission, Admission to Upper Division, Graduation consult the Natural Sciences department section of the catalogue or the Program Plans option on the Registrars web page.
Suggested Course Sequence
Access the suggested course sequence for the B.S., Biochemistry from the Natural Sciences Department web page or the Program Plans site on the Registrar’s web page.