This minor is designed for students not enrolled in a teacher preparation program. It will provide a foundational understanding of teaching, learning, and the educational system in the United States. Students who complete the educational studies minor in their undergraduate program will automatically qualify for a waiver of the two prerequisite courses in the initial/professional MS education programs at Daemen.
Requirements: 14 Credits:
- EDU203 Learning Theory (3)
- SED 270 Introduction to the Nature and Educational Needs of Students with Disabilities (3)
- EDU 237/L Instructional Design (3/1)
- EDU 213 Foundations of Education (3)
- EDU 204 Field Based Experience in Education (1)