- ACC225 Financial Accounting (3) – CT
- CFE-97 Career Prep Seminar (0)
- PAR210 Law for Society (3) – CR; CI
- PAR301 Legal Research and Writing (3) – WI
- PAR302 Law Office Computer Technology (3)
- Paralegal Studies Electives: Select 9 credits from the following:
- PAR 240 Introduction to Legal Skills for General Practice (3)
- PAR250 Paralegal Clinic (3)
- PAR303 Litigation (3)
- PAR/BA304 Contract Law (3)
- PAR/BA305 Real Property Law (3)
- PAR306 Tort Law (3)
- PAR307 The Criminal Trial (3)
- PAR308 Family Law (3)
- PAR340 Legal Communication (3) – WI
- PAR350 Professional Responsibility & Ethics: Paralegals and Lawyers (3)
- PAR401 Elder & Estates Law (3)
- PAR402 Environmental Law (3)
- PAR/BA403 Business and Corporate Law (3)
- PAR404 Intellectual Property (3)
- PAR405 Immigration Law (3)
- PAR/BA406 Bankruptcy Law (3)
- PAR408 Administrative Law (3)
- PAR409 Advanced Litigation (3)
- PAR410 Advanced Research and Writing (3) – WI
- PAR450 Paralegal Internship (3)
TOTAL CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS = 21 CREDITS
Although not required, students have the option of completing PAR450 Paralegal Internship (3) as one of the Paralegal Studies electives.
Requirements for Admission to the Certificate Program
At the time of admission to the program, students must possess a baccalaureate degree from Daemen College or other accredited institution, OR be currently enrolled in a degree program (other than the BS, Paralegal Studies program) at Daemen College.
Post-baccalaureate students will be eligible for admission under the following circumstances
- An overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.25 in bachelor’s degree program
- Successful completion of CMP101 English Composition (or its equivalent) with a minimum grade of B; please note that course (or substitute writing course as approved by Director) can be taken at Daemen in addition to required Certificate courses.
- Successful completion of PAR210 Law for Society with a minimum grade of C; please note that course can be taken at Daemen in addition to required Certificate courses.
Daemen students from other majors will be eligible for admission under the following circumstances
- Successful completion (with minimum grades of C) of 24 credits of college level course work and sophomore standing
- Successful completion of CMP101 English Composition (or its equivalent) with a minimum grade of B
- Successful completion of PAR210 Law for Society with minimum grade of C.
Requirements for Completion of the Certificate Program
- Successful completion of a baccalaureate program at Daemen or other accredited institution
- A minimum grade of B in CMP101 and a minimum grade of C in PAR210
- A grade point average (GPA) of 2.25 in paralegal studies courses
- Filing of an Application for Certificate form with the Registrar’s Office in the first week of the final term (Fall, Spring, or Summer) prior to program completion. NOTE: Participation in the Commencement ceremony is not applicable to certificate candidates.
* Paralegals assist attorneys in legal research, writing, and case investigation. Paralegals cannot provide legal advice to the public except as authorized by law.