Requirements: 15 credits
- Depending on language placement you will complete the following:
- FRE 106* (with a grade of B or better) (3) OR One course at the 200 level or higher (3)
- Four courses at the 200-level or higher (12)
NOTE: * FRE105 is a pre-requisite for FRE106. In order for FRE 106 to count towards the Minor, a grade of B or higher must be earned in BOTH FRE 105 and FRE 106.
The accelerated pathway to a minor is a method by which heritage speakers, native speakers, or speakers with advanced proficiency in French may obtain a minor in an accelerated manner upon demonstrating their proficiency levels. This pathway acknowledges the skill set that bilinguals already bring to the table and enables them to fast track to the upper level courses so that they may complete the minor at an accelerated pace.
Requirements (accelerated): (15 credits)
- 3 credits completed in French courses at the 200 level
- 6 credits completed in French courses at the 300 level
- Oral Proficiency Interview & Cultural Presentation
- Up to 6 credits completed by using Credit for Life Learning*
*See your departmental advisor for assistance
Equivalent courses from an approved study abroad program are acceptable provided that the course work is authorized by the Chair of Daemen’s Modern Languages Department.