phone: (716) 839-8367
- BS/MS, Health Promotion/Athletic Training
- BS/MS, Natural Sciences/Athletic Training
- MS, Direct Entry, Athletic Training
Mission and Goals
The Athletic Training Program (ATP) Mission and Goals in combination with the Mission and Goals of Daemen University and the following professional documents have guided the construction, implementation, and ongoing assessment of our Athletic Training Program.
- Board of Certification (BOC) Role Delineation Study
- BOC Standards of Professional Practice
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) standards
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA)
- NATA Code of Ethics
- NATA Athletic Training Educational Competencies
- New York State Education Department Requirements
Athletic Training Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Athletic Training Program at Daemen University is to develop students to be exceptionally skilled practitioners who engage in critical decision-making and demonstrate the highest level of professionalism in service to others. Athletic training students gain knowledge and experience through a rigorous and comprehensive academic and clinical curriculum in preparation for life and leadership in an evolving and diverse world.
Athletic Training Program Goals
- Students will demonstrate facility with evidence-based practices to guide their clinical judgment and decision-making.
- Students will engage in patient-centered care including identification of cultural/diversity factors; goal identification; and use of culturally competent techniques.
- Students will make necessary adjustments to their clinical practice based on evidence/patient feedback related to quality improvement.
- Students will accurately reflect patient information within electronic medical record systems and/or other documentation.
- Students will participate in interprofessional education and practice and advocate for the role of Athletic Trainers within the patient-based collaboration.
- Students will demonstrate strong professional responsibility especially as it relates to ethical practice in the Athletic Training field.
- Students will be prepared to successfully challenge the BOC exam during their final semester of a multidimensional CAATE accredited entry-level curriculum that includes didactic, laboratory, and diverse clinical education experiences.
- The faculty will implement high-quality instruction.
- Clinical preceptors will facilitate high-quality clinical education experience.
- Alumni will engage in life-long learning and contribute to the profession.